Location: Santa Monica, CA - Remote Option
Spl.yt Core Foundation, a Science Blockchain-backed company operating out of Santa Monica, CA, is an open-sourced global inventory and affiliate marketing platform. The platform is a smart contract-based e-commerce protocol that will transform the way businesses market, operate, and sell online nearly for free by removing intermediaries. Spl.yt’s top smart contract capabilities include a real-time inventory system, automated affiliate marketing rewards, fractional asset sales and management, inter-marketplace reputation tracking, and an alternative dispute resolution system. All of these features are powered by the blockchain, assuring that anyone who buys or sells things powered by Spl.yt will have the fairest and most secure e-commerce experience possible. For more details, please visit https://www.spl.yt/.
The Front End Developer will be responsible for creating and suggesting user-facing UX and UI, and incorporating current back-end stack into the system. This team member will report directly to the CTO.
- Work with the team to create project tasks
- Work on those tasks to complete milestones and push features to production
- Maintain the production environment regarding defects and upgrades
- Lead every task related to the front end/UX/UI
- Must be available for production breaking bugs/issues
- Must have a B.S. in Information Technology or in Computer Science field, or a boot camp accreditation
- 2+ years developing plugins for Wordpress and/or Shopify
- Must be UX-oriented with an emphasis on simplicity and easy navigation of the tools for end users
- Must be competent enough to address constraints encountered within the media for which a particular project is assigned to the team
- Develop stunning, robust, and user-friendly web sites in static HTML or using a web content management system
- Take full responsibility of communicating project status and deliverables with managers and team members in clear, concise terms
- Test and troubleshoot across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices
- Consider project objectives, challenges, and parameters before offering practical solutions
- Design and develop responsive email templates with a variety of email platforms such as Marketo, MailChimp, etc.
- Experience working with state-of-the-art technologies is a big plus
- Experience with client-side applications, electron-based applications, web-based applications
- A solid understanding of responsive design and frameworks
- Experience with content management systems and email marketing systems
- Advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI best practices, responsive design, and current technologies.
- Experience working with time tracking and PM tools.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and learn new technologies quickly
- Adaptable and open to working on a variety of diverse projects
- Ability to find and solve technical issues with minimal supervision.
- Ability to wireframe, mockup, and design professional level page and site layouts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of SEO best practices and how it relates to content creation and site construction